Thinking about doing our CELTA?
What is CELTA?
Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
The CELTA Is the original and most internationally recognised qualification for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). It is a basic requirement to teach in quality English language schools around the world.
What is the Cambridge CELTA?
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is the original and most internationally recognised qualification for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). It is a basic requirement to teach in quality English language schools, universities and to deliver training in multinational companies around the world.
Why take CELTA?
With the current economic situation it is becoming increasingly difficult to find employment. One of the only growing sectors is english language teaching.
- Open the door to exciting teaching opportunities all over the world
- Gain the skills and knowledge you will need as a teacher
- It is the only TEFL certificate that is accepted globally
Who is CELTA for?
- People starting a career in English language teaching
- Anyone currently teaching English without formal qualifications
- Anyone interested in teaching while they are travelling
- People looking for a career change or career break
- Experienced teachers who are interested in up-skilling and developing their teaching methodology further
- Experienced teachers working in CLIL or Bilingual projects looking for transferable techniques and ideas
- Business graduates interested in gaining teaching experience for training positions with companies
- Anyone looking for a career contingency plan in these uncertain times
Who recognizes CELTA?
Cambridge English exams are accepted by over 13,000 universities, employers and governments around the world. Our CELTA can improve employment opportunities, and because it is globally recognised, it can open up opportunities of working with the following type of organisations:
- Language Centres and Academies on every continent
- Private Bilingual Schools in Spain
- Government and European Union Language Projects
- British Colleges
- British and Irish University Summer Schools
- Multinational companies looking for Business Trainers
And in terms of language schools, the following top 5 are generally considered to be the best and all look for CELTA accredited teachers:
We know that this is an important step for you and that you are considering investing in your future. That’s why we have tried to provide a comprehensive guide to doing the CELTA; from the point you start to find out more information about the course and accreditation, right up until the point where you are accredited and are ready to go out in the world and start teaching to the CELTA standard.
Our CELTA centre has a family atmosphere and we welcome candidates from all over the world and from all walks of life. We train and support people who have just finished formal school or university education, who are working as teachers already and wish to up-skill or refresh their English Language Teaching methodology, or for people who are considering a temporary career break or permanent career change. Whatever your needs, our Cambridge CELTA training course will provide you with the skills you need to start teaching English to the professional Cambridge standard at home or abroad.
We also attract candidates with different learning and educational backgrounds and by observing your colleagues teaching and working closely with them in groups of six, means you learn from each other at the same time as you learn from us. So far, candidates have come to us from Senegal, the USA, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Wales, Ireland, England and of course Spain and specifically The Canaries.
And as we are a family, the support continues after you have completed the course. We provide you with letters of recommendation, updates on jobs posted around the world, ongoing career advice and references for when you’ve found your next job and support with continuing your teacher training…whether that’s training on the CELTYL Young Learner component or further up-skilling to the DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching for Adults).
In addition we are in the unique position of being a collaborator with the BEDA programme with the Catholic Schools Association in Gran Canaria, where at certain points of the year, we assess and place language teachers and assistants in primary and secondary schools on the Island. Whilst this type of work is not guaranteed for CELTA graduates it is a potential career route for some of our graduates.
Read on and find out more about what we can offer you…